Our Mission is to provide temporary housing in our community with a warm, safe environment for individuals and their families who are hospitalized or receiving treatment for a serious medical condition.
We extend our reach and impact by leveraging our cumulative years of experience and strong relationships within the community as well as the medical and support personnel of current and future medical service providers. We continually work to improve and expand our core programs, while also developing plans to meet the future needs of the constantly changing medical community.
We don't do it alone. We rely on our Friends of Cinco Charities as well as our friends within the National Association of Hospital Hospitality Housing to identify needs and best practices and carry out our mission on the ground. We rely on our strong relationships with the medical community to provide access to health care. We rely on strategic alliances with organizations that have the knowledge and infrastructure to extend our reach. We rely on you - our donors, volunteers, staff and friends.
Visit us at
"Current Resident's Comments"
- "A place, a home where the love flows. The Ballard House is like no other place I have ever experienced. It is a loving, caring and supportive environment that helps us heal and appreciate God's gifts. Thank you so much for being here for us. The Ballard House is truly one of God's many gifts."
- This is a home away from home. Thank you for all you have done for us but especially the care."
- "I love The Ballard House because everyone here is 'sooo' nice and kind an the volunteers too. It's a happy place to be; not all hospitality houses have this trait."
- "I love this place because the whole Ballard House Team is so nice. It's a very nice place and we feel at home."
- "I have never stayed in a hospitality house before, but under the circumstances this has been perfect, supportive , encouraging, safe, clean and convenient. Staff and guests are friendly; volunteers are helpful especially to those of us from out of state."
"Celebrating our guests"
"Celebrating our Volunteers, our Donors and The Katy Community"
- As of January 2016, The Ballard House provided 3,200 patient/guests and caregivers with 15,000 nights of lodging (At $100 per night for a hotel room this benefit is worth over $600.00).
- Our guests have come from all over the States and from foreign countries.
- Our youngest patient/guest was 4 months old. The oldest patient/guest was in their late 80's.
- We have served patients/guests of MD Anderson, Texas Children's, Memorial Herman, Methodist and Ben Taub Hospitals, and Baylor Medical Center and the Burzynski Clinic.
- The Ballard House has a dedicated group of over 60 volunteers, who donated over 3,300 hours of time during 2015.
- Our volunteers make a huge financial contribution to The Ballard House, but, perhaps, their greatest contribution is that they create the wonderful warm, loving environment at The Ballard House.
- The Ballard House is perhaps the only residence of its kind where patients/guests can bring their pet. Thanks to the generosity of "Waggin Tails Pet Ranch" in Fulshear, pets are boarded at no cost and are transported to The Ballard House for regular visits.
- Community and Church groups delivered 142 meals to The Ballard House during 2014. There were also 78 activity nights.
- The ladies of National Charity League donated thousands of cookies, hundreds of pieces of fruit and other treats, and worked hundreds of service hours during 2014.
- Great Harvest Bread Co. has delivered fresh bread and an array of muffins, cookies and other baked goods every week since opening.
- Thanks to the generosity of our donors and good financial management by The Ballard House staff, donation exceeded expenses during 2014.
- Since opening 121 days have been "adopted".
- Twenty-fine rooms have been "named" by generous individuals and companies.
- During 2014 we received over $25,000 of donated canned food, paper goods and cleaning supplies. Thanks to all the folks that called us and said, "We are on our way to Kroger, what do you need?"